Residential Life Staff Employment at NYSSSA
NYSSSA is currently accepting applications for Residential Life Staff for Summer 2016. Applications should be sent to the NYSSSA Office by January 15, 2016.
Before you apply, we urge you to review our Workplace Expectations for Residential Life Staff. Additionally, staff must have a valid driver's license and be 21 years of age at the beginning of the summer session.
Applicants should also have an advanced interest and/or academic experience in the art of the school for which they are applying. They should be committed to being a role model and sharing their artistic experience and knowledge with talented young artists.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling schedule based upon the specific program designated. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible for consideration.
An application will not be reveiwed until all of the following have been received by NYSSSA:
1. A fully completed and signed application;
2. A letter of intent identifying the School and Position (please see position overviews below) the applicant is applying for. The letter should specifically state your artistic experience and any relevant youth resident advisor or other experience;
3. A resume; and
4. Contact information for three references.
These may be emailed or mailed to NYSSSA at the Address Below. Please note, applications will not be reviewed until all documents are received. NYSSSA will contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Listed below is a brief overview of these positions:
- Assistant Director for Administration (ADA)
- Duties include serving as a liaison to the State Education Department, providing administrative assistance to the Artistic Director/teaching faculty, and communicating with parents of students and host campus administration. Duties include developing daily schedules, scheduling transportation needs, monitoring the school's financial obligations, and direct support and supervision of residential life staff, including Head Counselor. Residential supervisory experience is required, teaching experience desirable.
- Age requirement, usually post undergraduate.
- Head Counselor
- Duties include supervision of residential life staff, developing and coordinating student social activities, attendance recording at all student classes/events, as well as assuming other duties as needed and scheduled by Assistant Director for Administration. Residential supervisory experience and/or counseling experience required.
- Age requirement, usually filled by graduate student.
- Duties include direct supervision of students in dormitories and during scheduled group activities, holding informational meetings with students, as needed, enforcement of rules and regulations as established by State Education Department and Assistant Director for Administration. Residential supervisory experience and/or counseling experience desirable.
- Age requirement, usually college juniors or older.
If you are interested in any of these positions, submit an application, (must be fully completed and signed- unsigned or incomplete applciations will be returned) a letter of intent, your resume and contact information for three references to:
NYS Summer School of the Arts
New York State Education Department Office of Cultural Education
Cultural Education Center, Room 10D79
Albany, New York 12230