Now Hiring: NYSSSA Summer Office Associate
We are hiring a seasonal associate to join our Albany team! The summer associate will work out of our main office in Albany with minimal travel to Saratoga Springs, NY. The position is Monday through Friday from 9AM to 5PM April through August. For details about the position, see the below information.
The New York State Summer School of the Arts (NYSSSA) administers seven, four-week, residential arts programs for New York high school students including Ballet, Dance, Media Arts, Choral Studies, Theatre, Orchestral Studies, and Visual Arts. NYSSSA is partially funded by the New York State Education Department and takes place over the summer at different college campuses throughout New York State. The summer curriculum is designed to help each student explore and develop their skills in their specific discipline. NYSSSA’s main office is in downtown Albany, NY.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and team-oriented individual to join our exciting organization. In this position, you will be a part of the NYSSSA team and will provide administrative support.
- General office support (Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite)
- Data processing (Data entry and analysis)
- Screen, evaluate, and process all inquiries made by phone and email.
- Website management
- Student outreach
This opportunity is great for anyone planning their career in the arts! The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to work both individually and in a group
- Eagerness to learn and take on new projects
- Arts background encouraged, but not required
This position is based out of Albany, NY.
IDEAL START DATE: April 2020
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION
- 37.5 hours per week; Schedule flexibility may be available in April and May.
HOW TO APPLY
Please E-mail your resume and cover letter to apply for the position to: NYSSSA@nysed.gov to the attention of Molly Hennighausen. You may also mail a copy of your resume and cover letter to the address below:
NYS Summer School of the Arts
NYS Education Department
Office of Cultural Education
Cultural Education Center, Room 10D79
Albany, NY 12230