Now Hiring: NYSSSA Summer Travel Associate
We are hiring a seasonal associate (April through August 2020) to join our Albany team! The associate will work out of our main office in Albany with significant travel across New York State to open and close summer schools. In April, May, and June, working hours are Monday through Friday 9AM to 5PM. From Late June through end of August, the schedule varies depending on school needs. Weekend and late-night hours are required. For details about the position, see the below information.
The New York State Summer School of the Arts (NYSSSA) administers seven, four-week, residential arts programs for New York high school students including Ballet, Dance, Media Arts, Visual Arts, Choral Studies, Orchestral Studies, and Theatre. NYSSSA is partially funded by the New York State Education Department and takes place over the summer at different college campuses throughout New York State. The summer curriculum is designed to help each student explore and develop their skills in their specific discipline. NYSSSA’s main office is in downtown Albany, NY.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and team-oriented individual to join our exciting organization. In this position, you will be a part of the NYSSSA team and will provide on-location support to our core team while opening and closing schools across New York State.
- General office support (Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite)
- Data processing (Data entry and analysis)
- Screen, evaluate, and process all inquiries made by phone, email, and in person
- Providing support and training to on-location artistic and residential life staff
- Work with on-location staff to open and close schools, including opening registration, closing activities, and assisting students and parents
This opportunity is great for anyone planning their career in the arts! The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- College degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to work both individually and in a group
- Eagerness to learn and take on new projects
- Arts background encouraged, but not required
IDEAL START DATE: April 2020
SCHEDULE and COMPENSATION
- The employee will be expected to work out of the downtown Albany office and remotely across New York State. The schedule will vary depending on school needs. The employee will receive one to two days off per week, depending on school needs.
HOW TO APPLY
Please E-mail your resume and cover letter to apply for the position to: NYSSSA@nysed.gov to the attention of Molly Hennighausen. You may also mail a copy of your resume and cover letter to the address below:
NYS Summer School of the Arts
NYS Education Department
Office of Cultural Education
Cultural Education Center, Room 10D79
Albany, NY 12230