Now Hiring: Program Associate
NYSSSA is hiring a Program Associate to begin in the Fall of 2019. This is a provisional full-time position located in Albany, NY.
The Program Associate is responsible for the overall financial administration of NYSSSA. The Program Associate will also be heavily involved in marketing and outreach. The New York State Summer School of the Arts (NYSSSA), a program of the NYS Education Department, offers intensive, pre-professional summer training programs that are exciting, challenging, and fun. This program is open to all New York State students currently in grades 8-12. NYSSSA is comprised of seven schools including Ballet, Dance, Theatre, Orchestral Studies, Choral Studies, Media Arts, and Visual Arts.
- Preparing and monitoring contracts, payroll, and purchases;
- Preparing budgets and maintaining a detailed financial tracking system;
- Maintaining faculty and staff database;
- Processing student tuition payments;
- Providing assistance to artistic faculty in preparing spending plans;
- Program marketing, student recruitment, and outreach, including social media and website maintenance;
- Providing general and on-site supervision of residential life staff at summer school sites;
- Coordinating information and service needs of residential and artistic staff at each school on a regular basis;
- Travel to auditions in January and February and to summer schools when in session.
To apply, please submit:
- A fully completed and signed application. Incomplete applications will be returned
- A letter of intent
- A resume
These may be emailed or mailed to NYSSSA at the address below. Please note, applications will not be reviewed until all documents are received. NYSSSA will contact qualified candidates for interviews. If you are not contacted for an interview, your application will remain on file should a staff vacancy occur.
Mail your application to:
Cultural Education Center, Room 10D79
Albany, NY 12230
E-mail your application to: NYSSSA@nysed.gov with subject line: “Program Associate”