Residential Life Staff Positions
2019 Residential Life Staff- Seasonal positions located across New York State. NYSSSA is still hiring residential life staff for our 2019 School of Visual Arts.
- Counselor- We are hiring counselors for our 2019 School of Visual Arts. Counselors provide supervision of students in dormitories, on campus, and during scheduled program activities; Plan, organize, and supervise recreational activities; Provide coaching and recreational workshops for students (pending area of study); Hold informational meetings for students; Aid students in daily practice, stretching, etc (as needed by area of study); Assist Artistic Faculty during program; Enforce program rules and regulations
- Head Counselor- We are NO LONGER hiring head counselors for our 2019 programs. All duties outlined for counselors; additionally head counselors provide supervision of residential life staff; Coordinate and implement all recreational and social activities
- Assistant Director of Administration - The ADA serves as the main point of contact between artistic faculty, residential life staff, and the Albany main office. In addition to supervising residential life staff, the ADA coordinates schedules and oversees the residential life budget and is responsible for all accounting and record-keeping during the month-long residency. Please note that preparatory work begins prior to program start date.
Before you apply, we urge you to review our Workplace Expectations for Residential Life Staff. Additionally, staff must have a valid driver's license and be 21 years of age at the beginning of the summer session.
Applicants should also have an advanced interest and/or academic experience in the art of the school for which they are applying. They should be committed to being a role model and sharing their artistic experience and knowledge with talented young artists.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling schedule based upon the specific program designated. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible for consideration.
An application will not be reveiwed until all of the following have been received by NYSSSA:
- A fully completed and signed application;
- A letter of intent identifying the School and Position (please see position overviews below) the applicant is applying for. The letter should specifically state your artistic experience and any relevant youth resident advisor or other experience; and
- A resume
These may be emailed or mailed to NYSSSA at the address below. Please note, applications will not be reviewed until all documents are received. NYSSSA will contact qualified candidates for interviews.