Television teaches, and New York State’s public broadcasting stations offer a variety of interactive programming and online content designed to help children from pre-K through grade 12 learn. Age-appropriate, noncommercial TV programs not only teach pre-school literacy, mathematics and science skills but also help children learn to share, take risks, and become self-reliant.
- PBS Learning Media New York provides free access to public television program clips, teachers guides, instructional strategies, and more.
- Homework Hotline Students statewide can call in live with their homework question to be answered by the Rochester Teacher Association's Dial-A-Teacher volunteers
- Mission: US Take a virtual adventure into American History. Mission: US is a new interactive adventure game for grades 5-8. You can live and work in Boston in 1770!
- Cyberchase Animated series promoting elementary level math skills, with an interactive website that includes dozens and dozens of games and activities
- PBS Kids Television programming and related websites with games, and activities for children
- PBS Programs A-Z