Now Hiring: Residential Life Staff
NYSSSA is hiring residential life staff for the NYSSSA In-Residency Arts programs taking place at SUNY Fredonia. Dates of employment are July 1-July 29, 2024. Students are in residence July 6-July 27, 2024.
Residential Life Job Opportunities
Assistant Director of Administration (Available at Theatre, Visual Arts, and Media Arts programs) - $3,500 Stipend + Room and Board
The Assistant Director of Administration leads a team of residential life staff specific to each school. The ideal candidate has supervisory and teaching experience. The Assistant Director of Administration is provided with room and board at SUNY Fredonia for the duration of the program.
In addition to counselor responsibilities:
- Supervise residential life staff
- Manage residential life budget and track expenses
- Liaison between Albany office, campus, faculty, and students
Head Counselor (Theatre, Visual Arts, Media Arts) - $2,950 + Room and Board
- All duties outlined for counselors
- Supervision of residential life staff in the absence of ADA
- Coordinate and implement all recreational and social activities
Counselor (Theatre, Visual Arts, Media Arts) - $2,600 + Room and Board
- Plan, organize, and supervise recreational activities
- Provide supervision of students in dormitories, on campus, and during scheduled group activities
- Hold informational meetings with students
- Enforce rules and regulations
- Assist faculty and teaching assistants as needed
- Aid students during open studio and rehearsal hours
- Valid Drivers License
- Passion to work with high school artists
- Ability to be a team player
- At least 21 years of age
- Graduated from an arts degree or arts education degree program at the collegiate or masters level
- Teaching experience
- Residential life or counseling experience
For all positions, please send an email with the subject NYSSSA "insert school" ResLife 2024 with the following documents to NYSSSA@nysed.gov
1. A fully completed and signed application. Incomplete applications will be returned.
2. A letter of intent identifying the School and Position(s) (please see position overviews below) the applicant is applying for. The letter should specifically state your artistic experience and any relevant youth resident advisor or other experience;
3. A resume
Please note, applications will not be reviewed until all documents are received. NYSSSA will contact qualified candidates for interviews. If you are not contacted for an interview, you application will remain on file should a staff vacancy occur.