School of Dance Application Process
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2018 School of Dance.
If you are interested in attending the School of Dance, you must audition successfully to become a member or an alternate.
ELIGIBILITY: Students should be New York State residents, currently enrolled in grades 8 through 12. (Students currently in grades 6 and 7 may audition for the School of Ballet only).
AUDITION: Students must participate in the live statewide audition process to be considered.
APPLICATION: Applications should be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to your selected audition date. Upon receipt of your form, complete information about the audition locations, schedules, and times will be mailed to you. Click here to complete an online application for the School of Dance.
About the Audition
Pre-Registration is STRONGLY encouraged to ensure your space at your preferred audition location. It is not guaranteed that audition sites will be able to accept walk-in applicants.
- Classical ballet is not required to be accepted into the dance program.
- During the audition, you will be expected to participation in a class and perform a short prepared solo not to exceed two minutes.
- Applicants are expected to provide music for their solo. Students should be prepared with their music in two formats (ie. ipod and CD). A CD player will be provided. Please note that burned CD’s should be in final format to avoid playback issues, and tested at home in a CD player (not on a computer).
- Ratings by artistic faculty will form the basis for selecting members and alternates to attend the school.
- Audition results will be mailed to all students applying to the program.
Tuition and Financial Aid
The total cost of tuition, room, and board is $2,250. NYSSSA awards financial assistance based upon individual need.