School of Dance Application Process
If you are interested in auditioning the School of Dance, you must complete and submit both of these forms.
ELIGIBILITY: Students should be New York State residents, currently enrolled in grades 8 through 12. (Students currently in grades 6 and 7 may audition for the School of Ballet only).
AUDITION: All School of Dance auditions will be live and conducted online. The audition session will take place Saturday 2/6 and will last 90 minutes. A second audition will be conducted later in the Spring for those who didn't apply until after 2/6.
APPLICATION: Must be completed in order to get an audition spot. The supplemental form found above must also be submitted. Applicants must also submit a solo video of two minutes or less. Details can be found on the supplemental form.
Please include a snapshot of yourself, no larger than 4" x 6", clear enough for facial identification, with this application.
Please include student's name in body of the E-mail. Submit your photos by E-mail to: NYSSSA@NYSED.GOV
Upon receipt of your form, complete information about the audition locations, schedules, and times will be emailed to you.
About the Audition
- Classical ballet is not required to be accepted into the dance program.
- During the audition, you will be expected to participate in a class.
- Applicants are expected to provide music for their solo.
- Ratings by artistic faculty will form the basis for selecting members and alternates to attend the school.
- Audition results will be mailed to all students applying to the program.
There are no calendar events right now.
Tuition and Financial Aid
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, NYSSSA will not be charging tuition for 2021 virtual programs.